Orthopaedic Total Wellness Program
In line with an ongoing mission to set the highest standards for orthopedic excellence, Florida Orthopaedic Institute has integrated the science and art of chiropractic services within our medical model of care to create an innovative program called Orthopaedic Total Wellness.
Orthopaedic Total Wellness is a progressive program that incorporates the training of functional and manual medicine with traditional orthopedics. Rarely found in traditional orthopedic care, this compliment of services provides patients with a unique and individualized experience.
Working in collaboration with our medical and surgical teams, Orthopaedic Total Wellness offers patients a conservative set of options that have been effective in treating and preventing musculoskeletal conditions, without the use of medication or surgery.
The Multidimensional Role of the Orthopaedic Total Wellness Chiropractor
From traditional chiropractic techniques to complex, functional problem solving, Florida Orthopaedic Total Wellness program functions as a link between medication and surgery by delivering an array of expertise as follows:
- Non-surgical and drugless conservative care.
- Anatomically-based functional diagnosis of the patient’s condition.
- Identification of diagnosis and referral to an internal specialist, if applicable.
- Education associated with the future prevention of reoccurrence of the condition.
- Seamless continuum of care between physical therapy and orthopedics.
- Early detection of orthopedic dysfunction within the body.
- Long term drugless pain management.
Extensively Trained for a Wide Variety of Conditions
Orthopaedic Total Wellness chiropractors are extensively trained in neurology and orthopedics and are accomplished at diagnosing and treating a variety of conditions including, but not limited to, the following:
- Upper, Mid, and Lower Back Pain, Stiffness, & Injuries.
- Neck Pain & Stiffness.
- Shoulder Pain.
- Arm and Leg Pain.
- Hip Pain.
- Knee Pain.
- Foot and Ankle Pain.
- Carpal Tunnel.
- Vertigo/Balance Disorders.
- Sports Injuries.
- Auto Accident Injuries.
Orthopedic conditions can be particularly complex and encompass many factors such as overall health, nutrition, conditioning, psychosocial wellbeing and neurological integrity. Florida Orthopaedic Institute’s Orthopaedic Total Wellness program specializes in treatment from a whole person perspective with a goal of defining and correcting the cause of the condition while caring for the patient.