Outpatient Surgery at Florida Orthopaedic Institute
THE LEADING PROVIDER OF OUTPATIENT TOTAL JOINT REPLACEMENTS. *OVER 14,000 OUTPATIENT PROCEDURES LAST YEAR.
Until recently, joint replacement surgery has been an inpatient procedure carried out in the hospital needing a three- or four-night hospital stay. For select patients, Florida Orthopaedic Institute surgeons perform these procedures on an outpatient basis thanks to improvements in surgical techniques, as well as anesthesia, pain management, and joint replacement implant technology.
Our surgery centers at North Tampa and Citrus Park offer same-day outpatient surgery with the latest in cutting-edge medical equipment and surgical devices to allow our physicians to perform the most effective techniques for each case.
Our fellowship trained and board-certified physicians are nationally-recognized experts and have done more outpatient hip and knee replacements than any other facility in the Tampa Bay area. With outpatient surgery, recovery is done at home which makes it faster, safer and generally less expensive meaning you can get back to your life sooner.
Most commonly used to replace arthritic or worn-out joints, it’s estimated that more than 500,000 knee, 250,000 hip, and 53,000 shoulder replacements are performed in the U.S. each year on an outpatient basis.
Some common outpatient surgery procedures offered at Florida Orthopaedic Institute:
- ACL reconstruction.
- Carpal tunnel release.
- Hip and knee replacement.
- Rotator cuff repair.
- Spine surgery.
- Trigger finger release.
- And more.
Outpatient joint replacement certainly offers several distinct advantages over the inpatient setting, however not all patients will qualify for the procedure, commonly due to factors such as overall health, age, weight and insurance. To learn more about your procedure, benefits and limitations, request your appointment today.
Outpatient surgery centers (also known as Ambulatory Surgery Centers – ASCs) are transforming the outpatient experience for millions of Americans by providing a more convenient alternative to hospital-based operations. They have a strong track record of quality care and positive patient outcomes.
With skilled, committed and compassionate staff, the Florida Orthopaedic Institute Surgery Centers are leaders of excellence providing compassionate care and quality service through:
- Unwavering commitment to safety
- Innovative technology and methods to ensure best practices
- Pristine, state of the art environment
- Safe, ethical, high-quality personal attention
Certified Technicians and Board-Certified Neurologists (from Omni Medical) work in tandem in the operating room during procedures to ensure safety for the patient and surgeon.
Accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, the facilities have undergone an intensive review of policies, practices and has met or exceeded nationally-recognized standards for high-quality health care.
SURGERY CENTER HIGHLIGHTS:
*Over 14,000 Procedures
95% Patient Satisfaction
- NAVIO Robotic Assisted Procedures
- Cartilage Regeneration
- Ortho Biologics – Stem Cell
- Outpatient Joint Replacement
- Outpatient Spine Procedure
Outpatient surgery is a way to improve the delivery of health care that is affordable and safe. Not only do they deliver the best surgical experience possible, they also provide cost-effective care that saves the government, third party payors and patients money.
Surgery centers offer patients the convenience of having surgeries and procedures safely performed outside of a hospital setting. They improve both quality and customer service while reducing costs at a time when most health care costs are increasing.
Besides eliminating costs of overnight hospital stays, outpatient procedures lower costs through:
- Faster acting and more effective anesthetics
- Less invasive techniques, such as arthroscopy
- Minimally invasive procedures, for the spine as an example
Research on same-day total joint replacement patients conducted by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons examined patients who either underwent inpatient or outpatient total knee or hip replacement surgery. The researchers found that outcomes were comparable between the two groups.
9 BENEFITS OF OUTPATIENT SURGERY
- Convenience. Recovering in your home is easier than an in-hospital stay.
- Lower Cost. There are no hospital room charges or related hospital charges, so costs are much lower for outpatient surgeries.
- Availability. Some insurance companies cover certain surgical procedures only on an outpatient basis.
- Reduced Stress. Most outpatient surgery is less stressful than inpatient surgery.
- More Predictable Scheduling. Since procedures are less complex and more routine, outpatient surgery centers are better able to stay within a set schedule.
- Shorter Wait Time. Typically there is very little wait time to get your procedure scheduled.
- Targeted Service. The surgeons, nurses and facility specialize in your outpatient procedure.
- More Privacy. Unlike a hospital, you don’t have to share your room, your nurse and your operating room.
- Advanced. Equipped with the newest high-tech medical equipment, your surgeon can treat you using the most advanced surgical tools available.
Located for your convenience at:
CITRUS PARK: 6117 Gunn Hwy, Tampa, FL 33625
NORTH TAMPA: 13020 North Telecom Parkway, Temple Terrace, FL 33637
Note: Not all patients are candidates for outpatient surgery. Your Florida Orthopaedic Institute surgeon will help determine this based on your physical status, weight, age, and other key factors.
TO LEARN MORE
The Florida Orthopaedic Surgery Center has their own website:
SCHEDULED FOR SURGERY?
If you’re scheduled for surgery in one of our Surgery Centers, learn more about surgery at Florida Orthopaedic Institute.
*For 2018, the figures include outpatient procedures for pain, regenerative medicine, endoscopy, arthroscopy, femur & knee, foot & toes, forearm & wrist, general surgery, hand & fingers, leg & ankle, nerves, pelvis & hip, shoulder, skin/wound, spine, upper arm & elbow, total ankle, total hip and total knee.
The following Florida Orthopaedic Institute physicians specialize in OUTPATIENT TOTAL JOINT REPLACEMENT:
Common Surgical Procedures:
- Ablation surgery
- Back surgery
- Carpal Tunnel surgery
- Hip surgery
- Knee Replacement surgery
- Knee surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Meniscus surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Plantar Fasciitis surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Rotator Cuff surgery
- Scoliosis surgery
- Shoulder surgery
- Thoracic surgery
- Tommy John surgery