Independent Medical Exam
What is an Independent Medical Exam?
An Independent Medical Exam is a medical evaluation performed by a third-party physician within their subspecialty. The physician provides an unbiased opinion about an injury or condition.
Who is an Independent Medical Examiner?
A board certified physician within their subspecialty who provides a physical examination, review of medical records, and a written report.
Who is an Expert Medical Advisor?
A Florida judge-appointed board certified physician within their subspecialty who provides a physical examination, review of medical records and a written report, deposition or live testimony to assist the judge in determining the matter at hand.
Independent Medical Exam Classifications:
- Worker’s Compensation. This predominantly occurs when an employee suffers a job-related injury or sickness associated with their employment.
- Liability Injury situations. If someone suffers an injury on a property you own, you are often liable for some level of compensation.
- Personal Injury. Many personal injury cases involve traffic accidents, accidents in a home, or product defect accidents – also referred to as product liability.
FOI SPECIALTIES & SERVICES
- Spine Surgery
- Hand & Wrist Surgery
- Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
- Adult Hip & Knee Reconstruction & Arthritis Surgery
- Sports Medicine Surgery
- Trauma Specialists
- General Orthopedics
- Interventional Spine & Pain Management
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Primary Care Sports Medicine
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Computerized Tomography (CT scan)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy/Certified Hand Therapy
Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
Sports-Related Concussion Treatment
Phone: 813-978-9700 ext. 7911
Address: 13020 Telecom Parkway North Temple Terrace, FL 33637