Whether it is your shoulder and elbow, hand and wrist, hip, knee, or foot and ankle that is troubling you, the general orthopedic specialists of Florida Orthopaedic Institute will provide the treatment you need in order for a full recovery. Their goal, and passion, is to utilize their knowledge and skill-set to offer an individualized plan to help restore your health and maximize your function.
General orthopedics can include treatment for chronic pain, rheumatic diseases, musculoskeletal injuries and arthritis.
Many musculoskeletal conditions can be treated without surgery, by using medication, exercise and other rehabilitative or alternative therapies.
General orthopedic physicians use medical, physical and rehabilitative methods as well as surgery, typically through a 4 Step Process with patients:
- Diagnosis of your injury or disorder
- Treatment with medication, exercise, surgery or other treatment plans
- Rehabilitation - Exercises or physical therapy to restore movement, strength and function
- Prevention - Information and treatment plans to prevent injury or slow the progression of diseases
For most orthopedic diseases and injuries, there are more than one form of treatment. Surgery may be recommended if you do not respond to other treatments.
Orthopedic Surgeons Treat
- Abnormalities of the fingers and toes
- Back pain, ruptured disks, sciatica and scoliosis
- Bone tumors, muscular dystrophy and cerebral palsy
- Club foot, bunions, bow legs, knock knees and unequal leg length
- Fractures and dislocations
- Growth abnormalities
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Sports or work-related injuries
- Tendon injuries, pulled muscles, bursitis and torn cartilage
- Torn ligaments, sprains and strains
For a brochure with additional information, Click Here
The following Florida Orthopaedic Institute physicians specialize in General Orthopaedics:
Florida Orthopaedic Institute is the largest orthopedic group in the state of Florida. Join us at our newest building, FOI Urgent Care, in the heart of the South Tampa Community.