EASY ACCESS TO YOUR PHYSICIAN
Florida Orthopaedic Institute is offering Telemedicine to better serve our patients during the COVID-19 outbreak. Telemedicine, also known as telehealth, virtual care, virtual visits, and online care, allows us to care for patients remotely when the doctor and patient are not physically present with each other. It allows you to receive care from the safety of your home and avoid exposure to the COVID-19 during transit or at in-person appointments.
New or existing patients can consult, ask questions, and discuss their plan of care with their Florida Orthopaedic Institute specialist. From follow-up appointments to everyday consultations, patients can consult their doctor entirely online and from the comfort of home by using video conferencing via computer webcam or mobile device. A patient would be required to come into the office should they need a physical exam or further diagnostic testing.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
- To schedule, call us at (813) 978-9797 and ask for a virtual Telemedicine appointment, and one will be scheduled for you.
- On that call, your team will determine if you qualify and are willing and able for a video visit.
- You’ll also decide which conferencing method to use, based on your equipment.
- We will set you up with a convenient time for a Zoom meeting or a FaceTime call.
We’ll use Facetime on your iPhone or Mac.
We’ll use Zoom video conferencing, which can be downloaded for free at https://zoom.us.
SOME HELPFUL TELEMEDICINE TIPS:
- Select an area with a strong internet connection, either with a direct connection or WiFi.
- Pick a private area that is well lit and free from distractions and interruptions.
- Before the video call, remove any bandages or dressings.
TO SCHEDULE YOUR TELEMEDICINE VISIT,
CALL US AT 813-978-9797.
You can schedule Telemedicine visits through our Schedule Appointment button with the following physicians and APRNS.
Just click on their Schedule Appointment button, and FOI Telehealth will be listed as one of your options.
ELIO HERNANDEZ – APRN
HOWARD B. JACKSON, M.D.
BRIAN T. PALUMBO, M.D.
Hip & Thigh, Knee & Leg
MARC A. WEINSTEIN, M.D.
SEUNG JIN YI, M.D.
Elbow, Hip & Thigh, Knee & Leg, Shoulder, Sports Medicine