Surgery Center at Florida Orthopaedic Institute
Outpatient surgery centers (also known as Ambulatory Surgery Centers – ASCs) are transforming the outpatient experience for millions of Americans by providing a more convenient alternative to hospital-based operations. They have a strong track record of quality care and positive patient outcomes.
With skilled, committed and compassionate staff, the Florida Orthopaedic Institute Surgery Centers are leaders of excellence providing compassionate care and quality service through:
- Unwavering commitment to safety
- Innovative technology and methods to ensure best practices
- Pristine, state of the art environment
- Safe, ethical, high-quality personal attention
Certified Technicians and Board-Certified Neurologists (from Omni Medical) work in tandem in the operating room during procedures to ensure safety for the patient and surgeon.
Accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, the facilities have undergone an intensive review of policies, practices and has met or exceeded nationally-recognized standards for high-quality health care.
SURGERY CENTER HIGHLIGHTS:
Over 5,000 Procedures
95% Patient Satisfaction
- NAVIO Robotic Assisted Procedures
- Cartilage Regeneration
- Ortho Biologics – Stem Cell
- Outpatient Joint Replacement
- Outpatient Spine Procedure
Outpatient surgery is a way to improve the delivery of health care that is affordable and safe. Not only do they deliver the best surgical experience possible, they also provide cost-effective care that saves the government, third party payors and patients money.
Surgery centers offer patients the convenience of having surgeries and procedures safely performed outside of a hospital setting. They improve both quality and customer service while reducing costs at a time when most health care costs are increasing.
Besides eliminating costs of overnight hospital stays, outpatient procedures lower costs through:
- Faster acting and more effective anesthetics
- Less invasive techniques, such as arthroscopy
- Minimally invasive procedures, for the spine as an example
Research on same-day total joint replacement patients conducted by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons examined patients who either underwent inpatient or outpatient total knee or hip replacement surgery. The researchers found that outcomes were comparable between the two groups.
9 BENEFITS OF OUTPATIENT SURGERY
- Convenience. Recovering in your home is easier than an in-hospital stay.
- Lower Cost. There are no hospital room charges or related hospital charges, so costs are much lower for outpatient surgeries.
- Availability. Some insurance companies cover certain surgical procedures only on an outpatient basis.
- Reduced Stress. Most outpatient surgery is less stressful than inpatient surgery.
- More Predictable Scheduling. Since procedures are less complex and more routine, outpatient surgery centers are better able to stay within a set schedule.
- Shorter Wait Time. Typically there is very little wait time to get your procedure scheduled.
- Targeted Service. The surgeons, nurses and facility specialize in your outpatient procedure.
- More Privacy. Unlike a hospital, you don’t have to share your room, your nurse and your operating room.
- Advanced. Equipped with the newest high-tech medical equipment, your surgeon can treat you using the most advanced surgical tools available.
Located for your convenience at:
CITRUS PARK: 6117 Gunn Hwy, Tampa, FL 33625
TELECOM: 13020 North Telecom Parkway, Temple Terrace, FL 33637
Note: Not all patients are candidates for outpatient surgery. Your Florida Orthopaedic Institute surgeon will help determine this based on your physical status, weight, age, and other key factors.
TO LEARN MORE
The Florida Orthopaedic Surgery Center has their own website:
SCHEDULED FOR SURGERY?
If you’re scheduled for surgery in one of our Surgery Centers, learn more about surgery at Florida Orthopaedic Institute.
Common Surgical Procedures:
- Ablation surgery
- Back surgery
- Carpal Tunnel surgery
- Hip surgery
- Knee Replacement surgery
- Knee surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Meniscus surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Plantar Fasciitis surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Rotator Cuff surgery
- Scoliosis surgery
- Shoulder surgery
- Thoracic surgery
- Tommy John surgery