At Florida Orthopaedic Institute, your safety is our top priority. That’s why we’re taking extra precautions against COVID-19 to help protect our patients and staff.
- Social distancing is required throughout our offices. We have arranged chairs six feet apart in the reception areas to allow for social distancing.
- Heightened infection prevention policies, including the removal or frequent cleaning of high-touch items in our facilities. Office and exam rooms are thoroughly cleaned. We clean all frequently touched surfaces often, including keyboards, workstations, tablets, and countertops. We have always taken great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness in our offices, including utilizing hospital-grade disinfectants approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as effective against Coronavirus.
- Visitors/guests are asked to wait outside unless needed or medically necessary.
- Pre-screen all patients over the phone when confirming appointments to establish if they have any symptoms of COVID-19 or have traveled to an area deemed to have widespread community transmission of the virus. If a patient has symptoms or has traveled to such an area, they will not be seen in the office and will be offered a telehealth appointment.
- Screen patients and visitors once again upon arrival by asking them COVID-19 related questions and perform temperature checks before anyone can enter the facilities.
- Face coverings are required. Everyone needs to wear a mask or covering over their nose and mouth at all times. If a patient arrives at an appointment without a face cover or mask, they cannot be seen. Universal masking exceeds CDC guidelines. Employees will wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including, but not limited to, gowns, aprons, and gloves when appropriate to keep them and our patients safe. Employees will continue to practice strict hand hygiene.
- As we establish our new normal, we will work with the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Florida Department of Health, and other local and state officials to ensure we are following the most up-to-date guidelines.
Florida Orthopaedic Institute remains focused on providing you with outstanding care. We know these circumstances may not be what you anticipated when it comes to your healthcare, and we recognize the worry this pandemic may have created for you or your loved ones. Thank you for trusting us with your care. We are committed to protecting the health and safety of the patients we so proudly serve, today and every day.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I get tested for COVID-19 at your office? What about antibody testing?
We do not offer COVID-19 or antibody testing at our locations. If a patient requires testing, we can help refer them to an appropriate testing location.
What if I do not want an in-person appointment?
Will your office staff wear PPE? Will I need to wear a mask in your office?
We currently have an adequate stock of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), which our staff and providers will use by following the latest guidelines from the CDC. To help protect you and our staff, we ask that you wear a covering over your nose and mouth when visiting our facility.
Is someone allowed to come with me to my appointment?
At this time, we are not allowing visitors unless medically necessary.